Roger was called to the Bar by the Middle Temple in 1983. On completion of his pupillage at 2 Dr Johnson's Building he became a tenant in that set which moved out of the Temple in 1984 to new premises at 9 Gough Square.
Roger initially practised in general common law but for the last 20 years has practised exclusively in personal injury, fatal accident and clinical negligence claims. He has particular expertise in occupational disease claims and writes the chapter on Work Related Upper Limb Disorders for the loose-leaf publication "Occupational Illness Litigation".
Away from the law Roger enjoys live music, outdoor sports and attempting to tame his garden.
What the directories say:
- "Has a fantastic manner with clients and his written advice is clear and straightforward. He is also a persuasive advocate." "His advice is reliable, he is extremely experienced in his field and he is delightful with clients." Chambers UK 2018
- "He's got a fabulous client manner - what they really like about him is that he distils really complex legal arguments into very straightforward advice in plain English." Chambers UK 2017
- "An impressive advocate, who is quietly persuasive in a non-adversarial manner." Legal 500 2017
- Roger is described as "a very good advocate with a compelling, easy going style." Legal 500 2016
- "Roger was great. Really good with the client and clearly knows his stuff." Andrew King, Lennons Solicitors
Click here to download.