Drawing on the wide range of established and experienced practitioners with civil and criminal expertise in our various teams, the Regulatory and Disciplinary Team is able to cover most aspects of regulatory and disciplinary proceedings and deal with parallel or associated civil or criminal proceedings.
Our members are available for:
- Professional disciplinary hearings - for example
- medical practitioners and healthcare professionals,
- accountants and actuaries
- sportsmen and women
- financial services employees
- High Court enforcement officers
- Inquests and Fatal Accident Inquiries
- Health & safety prosecutions
- Trading standards complaints and prosecutions
- Corporate manslaughter prosecutions
- Environmental health prosecutions
- Director disqualification proceedings
Members are instructed to act for and against a wide variety of regulators including Disciplinary Tribunals, City Regulators and others. Investigations in a financial or commercial context are a particular speciality.
Our Regulatory work has enabled us to develop a dynamic group of individuals with an unusual experience and familiarity with both Civil and Criminal procedures. We were involved in the criminal prosecution of Doherty where funding of the related civil case has recently caused such a stir.
Click here to view our barristers working in the area of Fraud & Regulatory and to see details of notable Fraud & Regulatory cases undertaken by each barrister.
to view our barristers working in the area of Regulatory and Disciplinary and to see details of notable Regulatory and Disciplinary cases undertaken by each barrister.