Barristers in our Criminal Injuries Compensation Special Interest Group routinely advise and represent Applicants and Appellants in the full range of Criminal Injuries claims. Our barristers will treat the victims of violent crime and their families with courtesy, understanding and respect. We can assist at any stage of the process in respect of eligibility and quantum issues in cases ranging from sexual abuse to violent crime and exceptional risk claims including:
- Whether the applicant is eligible for an award
- Evidence in relation to eligibility and quantum
- Whether to seek a review or an appeal of a CICA decision or award
- Drafting of skeleton arguments and schedules for the purpose of a review or appeal
- Advocacy at appeal hearings
- Advising in respect of the merits of judicial review proceedings of an appeal decision
We represent clients throughout England and Wales.
Many of our cases are funded by the Unions.
We accept work on all funding bases including conditional fees and deferred fees in appropriate cases.
Members of the SIG are happy to travel to solicitors' offices or clients' home when appropriate.
Chambers also offers video conferencing facilities.