A number of barristers in our PI team offer specialist knowledge in the area of animal related claims. This difficult, often misunderstood, area of law is a source of potential pitfalls for the unwary.
Members of the team have appeared in a number of the most recent Court of Appeal authorities including:
Jones v Whippey  EWCA Civ 459
Freeman v Higher Park Farm  EWCA Civ 1185
Clarke v Bowlt  EWCA Civ 978
This exposure gives the group a unique insight into the requirements of this type of litigation for both Claimants and Defendants.
Members regularly lecture on the subject and are available for seminars.
In depth experience handling:
- Animals Act 1971 claims
- Injuries sustained in sporting events
- Claims by and against police dog handlers
- Farm accidents
- Claims by walkers and ramblers attacked by livestock
- Handling and dealing experts
- Firm and practical advocacy in county and higher courts
- Technical pleading of claims and defences